For businesses aspiring international excellence.
English is increasingly the official business language
English is more and more often the most important language of communication. Sales, negotiations, and customer support are all happening more frequently in English. International law often demands a certain level of English knowledge, too. Furthermore, new skills are becoming necessary for success in foreign operations. Our courses will leave you ready to play on that international field.
Spot On Learning has developed a large and ever-growing digital content library with practical business information. Our experienced staff can quickly create a custom course of study with the help of online formats.
To support entrepreneurs and professionals in international business Spot On offers, among other things:
Business English courses that help improve English language proficiency within the organisation. The online platform EnglishCentral helps improve pronuncation, using innovative speach technology. Fluency, comprehension and vocabulary of the international business English can be easily and measurably improved by watching videos, speaking, and typing anywhere, anytime and always through the Internet. The price of learning English this way is surprisingly low compared to traditional alternatives.
- Maritime English. Spot On Learning has developed programs to help seafarers and office workers in the shipping and maritime industry better speak and understand English. The videos used in our maritime English courses are developed for the maritime industry, the vocabulary we teach is based on IMO's SMCP list of words and phrases deemed important for anybody working in shipping, offshore or other maritime jobs (SMCP = Standard Marine Communication Phrases).
- Online courses in our own International Business Academy. We have courses that teach entrepreneurs and entrepreneurial employees:
- understand cultural differences in international business, and deal with them accordingly
- optimally present themselves, the company, and the products and services abroad
- quickly build a network that comes in useful in international business, fast, tailored learning.
- Custom online and blended courses. Other topics important for companies can be combined with what Spot On Learning already offers. Spot On Learning's trainings can be combined with international companies' existing materials to offer customized courses to their own people, industry peers, or customers. The goal is to be able to work faster with low costs while enjoying all the benefits offered by new technologies and people's media habits.
If you, as business owner, are interested for yourself or for your people in the possibilities of online learning, contact us so we can think along with you and show you our possibilities.
Spot On Learning uses the EnglishCentral platform and other online tools to make learning English easy and even fun. The advanced technology behind the EnglishCentral platform helps improve pronunciation measurably. Comprehension, fluency, and vocabulary increase as well.
In the maritime industry being able to communicate effectively in English and preventing intercultural misunderstandings can be a matter of life and death. Spot On Learning's Maritime Communication program helps professionals in the maritime industry communicate better in English and across cultures. Ultimate goal: prevent misunderstandings that are often at the root of accidents and other issues.
Companies working with international crews and teams share a responsibility with the workers themselves to stay safe and healthy. To help employers, hr agencies and the workers stay healthy Spot On Learning and the Rotterdam based Travel Clinic developed an online malaria risk awareness program.